Sunday, May 4, 2008

We're Home!

Daddy has a new weight-lifting routine now because.....
...we're home! Joe and I are in bliss, in shock, full of joy, full of yawns, and in love with our little girl. We laugh as the pile of baby items in our one bedroom apartment grows every day. From strollers, to Baby Bjorns, to cradles, cribs, bathtubs, diapers, boppy feeding pillows, swings, changing tables...the goods abound!

We're so grateful for my mom...who flew in from Colorado to help me recover, help Joe and I adjust, and to love on baby Noelle. We've been treated to delicious food, clean rooms, pleasant company, and someone to dance and sing to Noelle.

Joe and I on our first big outing....a walk around the block!

We've had two nights of "reality check" and one night of fairly blissful sleep thus far. Who knew that six pounds could produce such heart-wrenching wails?!!

As I whispered truths to Noey about her Savior King this morning, I was struck again with his promise to be our Faithful God forever, from our first days to our last. He was with us in the womb, as He knit us together, and He remains close, protective, and good throughout our days. "For do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. " (Isaiah 41:10)

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

I love your updates!

kristine said...

so adorable!!! i love you guys!!!!

Ben & Melissa said...

Your descriptive updates and pictures are so fun to read. I'm glad you're sharing them! Love you guys!

Mandy said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY JOY!! Hope all is going well with your little bundle of joy!

Megan said...

Oh, Joy, your baby is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you all. Just found your blog today and look forward to keeping up with you!