Saturday, July 12, 2008

I love my man...

Two years... who knew so much could happen in such a small window of time? I married the man of my dreams, our fairy-tale wedding took place in a castle (which happened to be where we met!), we've traveled to three countries, lived in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and now the Inland Empire, we've traveled the northeast coast and driven the north-western coast of CA. We've spent the night in sketchy roadside inns, deluxe bed and breakfasts, many a friend's spare bedroom, 3-4-and 5-star hotels (we prefer the nice 3's...free breakfast!!), and even a yurt! We've led a summer training program together with students from all over the world, we've been blessed to work alongside each other in the Sunland region among the nation's finest. And now we've started our greatest adventure of all....parenthood! Through it all, I've fallen more deeply in love, and more deeply in awe of this man I've married. He draws me closer to my God and King, he challenges me, cares for me, protects and platforms me. We began the daunting task of dating and growing more and more vulnerable with each other three years ago...all the while clinging to and believing the truths in Ecclesiastes 3. "God makes everything beautiful in his time" and "whatever God does lasts forever, nothing can be taken from it or anything added to it". God's done it, I couldn't have dreamed up or created anything more grand. My life truly has become more beautiful with each passing day. Thank you God, for my wonderful husband.


Here we are...our 2nd anniversary and our first big date away from Noey! We felt like kids on the last day of school! We visited the gorgeous Mission Inn in our new hometown. It was, of course, VERY hot that day, so we've got the IE (Inland Empire) gleam!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

And what a great, beautiful day two years ago it was! You two are such and encouragement of a great example of a Godly couple laying down their lives for Christ :D Thanks for sharing your lives with us! Joy, thanks for taking the time for us UCCS ladies, and me in particular, 2-3 years ago :) We love you and we miss you! Hopefully we can catch up soon.