Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beef to the Bourguignon

Yum. Perhaps it's because it's approaching dinner time. Perhaps it's the wine I'm sipping. Perhaps it's because I miss Amy...and Paris. Or perhaps it's because it's just soooo delicious. But I am CRAVING some scrumptious 'beouf bourguignon' (that's beef bourguignon for those of us from the U. S. of A.). Joe treated me to this delicious dish on my birthday in Paris, at a lovely street side bistro. Words cannot describe.


Later my sister Amy (a.k.a. Julia Childs) prepared me her version of this traditional dish.


Masterpiece!!



Seeing as I don't plan on spending several hours making dinner tonight, and we are a LONG plane flight from that lovely bistro, I suppose I'll have to cover this craving with another. Chocolate anyone??

No comments: