Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back on U.S. Soil!

It was with mixed emotions that I dropped off Joe at LAX two and a half weeks ago. He had an exciting adventure ahead! He had the privilege of traveling to Nigeria with Mike Jordahl (our US Navigator Collegiate Director). The two of them would be visiting with Nigerian staff, speaking at a student conference, and soaking up whatever they could learn from our friends in Nigeria.

But so far away!! All the 'what ifs" filled my mind and heart. What if the baby came early? What if Joe was injured? What if I never saw him again? What if, what if, what if.... Thanks be to our steadfast God who walked with me through my fears, blessed my week with family and friends in Colorado, kept my husband safe, and glorified His name in Nigeria!
Below is a picture of Joe and Mike with some of the young staff and students at the University of Nigeria.

And now...hooray!...I have my husband back in my sight! He's recovered well from jet-lag and is hitting the ground running with responsibilities here in the Sunland region.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hey Lady! My hubby's parents were on Nav staff in Nigeria for 9 years. My FIL and SIL are headed back this summer for a Navs trip. I bet Joe met some folks they know! I am definately praying for you and you little family. And I have to say I am jealous of your impendng mommydom, complications and all. Love! Lib